Thursday, July 9, 2009

Getting Creative In Minimizing Waste

I haven't posted in a while because real life has taken over. But I did want to share my latest forays into the realm of "Waste not, want not." I'm having to get creative.

Home made bread seemed like a great way to cut costs, so I've been experimenting a lot there. My one attempt at "Five Minute Bread" was quite successful; my home made sourdough using Oregon Trail starter, much less so.

Maybe my expectations with regards to sourdough are just to high, hmm?

Luckily for us waste-avoiders, there are lots of uses for sourdough bread that's gone stale due to disappointment. The majority of it will go to croƻtons. A smaller amount went into this summer squash casserole recipe. Which was OK, though not fabulous. Keep an eye out for more summer squash recipe reviews here: I have a bumper crop and I'm ALREADY sick of it, even though the season has barely started!

No comments:

Post a Comment