Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Another "I Don't Know What to Cook for Dinner" Website

I previously posted about RecipePuppy and Recipe Key as the antidote for the last-minute trips out for dinner because you don't know any recipes for the ingredients you have on hand.

But the bloggers over at LifeHacker have turned up a new one, that's even better! Why? It suggests other ingredients, based on the recipes being returned by your search results! I present: SuperCook!

It doesn't have a lot of the nice filter options of Recipe Key, but the "Do you have?" feature is priceless. If I have "chicken breast", I won't necessarily think of "worcestershire sauce" as another ingredient. But the two together is all I need for an easy blackened chicken recipe. Yum!

Better than that, it's additive. When I added "honey" and "mustard" to the search, the blackened chicken recipe still showed up, rather than being filtered out just because it didn't need those additional ingredients. Wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot tell you how much I love this "what to eat" site. I already referenced it (and your blog as the source for me at least) on my own blog.

    Who would have thought that having chicken and Bisquik in the house would bring up so many options? Heh.

    ReplyDelete