Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Actual Numbers

I transplanted petunias into 72 pots on Sunday. (Each pot has four or more sprouts in it, so that's really 288 plants, but I'm only counting pots for this exercise.) Meadow Farms has petunia flats for sale, three 6-packs for $25. That's $.72 per plant. So 72 of them would cost about $52.

(I was guessing $50... I was pretty close!)

And I started a new Jiffy pack of petunias. This time trying to be more careful about how many plants went into each cell, so I can actually leave them in there until they are ready to go in the ground.

1 comment:

  1. To paraphrase General Eisenhower, gardens are nothing, gardening is everything. Watching these petunias grow will be a different experience than if they'd come from Meadow Farms... Hopefully deer, rabbits, or whatnot won't munch them down! My mother planted about 8 rose bushes in her yard; between deer and her dog, in two weeks they were all gone.

    ReplyDelete